The Head, B2B support role balances customer support strategy with delivery and champions for people management, performance management, and enabling excellence in customer support delivery within the B2B space, upholding a consumer-centric focus and mindset of surpassing departmental expectations.
The role is responsible for promoting organizational values.
✓ Open Minded Collaboration
✓ Customer Success
✓ Empowered People
✓ Innovation Excellence
✓ Ethical Conduct
- Manage the activities of the team to ensure the smooth implementation of operational plans and realization of service level targets
- Manage cross-functional relationships with interfacing/support departments and external stakeholders to ensure compliance with quality and service delivery standards.
- Design and implement strategies geared towards improving the team (e.g., Interaction segregation to manage ticket volumes and facilitate speedy resolutions of queries).
- Conduct periodic procedural audits of Customer Support operations to ensure an efficient delivery service.
- Assist in continuously reviewing business processes, making recommendations for improvement, and implementing approved initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Recommend & implement tactical initiatives to improve service efficiencies & enhancements.
Incident Management & Problems Requests
- Achieve increased productivity and minimize disruptions through the quick resolution of user queries during high severity incidents
- Act as an escalation point where difficult or controversial calls/cases are received.
- Raise and work with other heads of units on resolving reoccurring incidents/requests.
Broad Product/Service Understanding
- Basic knowledge of transaction processing services, settlement, dispute, reporting and incident management process.
- Understand how customers use these services to support them appropriately.
- Basic knowledge of Postillion S1 Portal (Transaction Query transaction identification and transaction troubleshooting).
- Keeps abreast of changing and new products or services.
Continual Service Improvement
- Supports specific activities and align individual expectations to improve process efficiencies and process optimization
- Think outside the box to solve persisting platform/process/people challenges by doing all that can be done to create and implement a lasting solution.
- Maintain and improve Customer support operations by the monitoring system, preparing and completing action plans and system and process improvement.
- Assist in developing and implementing performance management and continuous improvement against established key performance indicators.
- Assist in planning and managing the human and material resources of the unit to optimize performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinates’ performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
- Take interest and contribute to the development of your team member’s capabilities to meet team goals and objectives. They are the currency to achieving your team’s objectives.
- On-time performance delivery, ownership, and accountability for quality outcomes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A tertiary qualification (e.g. related to Information Technology) and/ or equivalent experience
ITIL V4 Foundations Certification (not mandatory but an added advantage)
Other qualifications are not mandatory but recognized
Experience (Number of relevant years):
At least 5 years’ experience in managing customer service delivery teams within a technology environment.
- Proven work experience as a supervisor or manager
- In-depth knowledge of performance metrics
- Good PC skills, especially MS Excel
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Decision-making skills