To conduct user research, such as interviews and surveys, and use that information to create visual representations such as sitemaps, user flows, and customer journey maps, as well as design elements such as wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes. Additionally, to create a positive user experience by designing the overall functionality of the product or service and iterating upon it using user centered design thinking principles.
- User research: Conducting user research to understand the needs and pain points of users and using this information to inform the design of new products and services.
- Prototyping: Creating low-fidelity and high-fidelity prototypes to test and iterate on new product concepts, in collaboration with other members of the lab team.
- User testing: Conducting user testing to validate product concepts and ensure that they meet the needs and expectations of users.
- Collaboration: Collaborating with other members of the innovation lab team, including engineers, product managers, and business strategists, to ensure that UX design is integrated throughout the product development process.
- Design strategy: Developing a design strategy that aligns with the lab's overall goals and objectives and ensures that the user experience is at the forefront of all product development activities.
- UX design leadership: Providing leadership and guidance to other UX designers within the lab, mentoring and coaching them to develop their skills and capabilities.
- Innovation: Staying up to date with the latest design trends and technologies, and actively contributing to the lab's innovation efforts by proposing new ideas and approaches to improve the user experience of products and services.
- User Research
- Interaction Design
- Information Architecture
- Visual Design
- Storyboarding, Prototyping
- Usability Testing
- Lean Startup & Agile methodology
- Design Thinking
- Customer Engagement
- Critical Thinking
- User Advocacy
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation.
- Be excited about research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- General Education - BSc. Computer Science or related field of study from an accredited University
- IDF, Google UX Certs, IDEO U etc.
- At least 4 years’ experience in User Experience Design
- Development and execution of Product Experiences to achieve Problem-Solution-fit.
- 2 years’ experience in Design Thinking Practices