The Legal Operations Administrator is a role within the Legal Department with the responsibility for ensuring the Legal department operates effectively and efficiently within its prescribed procedures while meeting and exceeding timelines for the delivery of legal services across the Group. The role holder has overall responsibility for the Legal department’s technology, tools, processes, governance, policies and procedures, controls, training and continuous improvement.
The role holder would be required to improve the existing frameworks and procedures for the effective and efficient management of the legal team. This will include developing and embedding automations, data reporting systems, legal tasks tracking systems, risk management tools and processes to demonstrate risk controls, a framework for the management and data analysis of the legal panel, data analysis frameworks to produce reporting templates to provide valuable and practical insights into the legal function including dashboards and, technology tools to enhance the legal function etc.
The Legal team is required to work smarter, be more agile and deliver excellent service to our stakeholders. The role holder would be charged with optimising the delivery of legal services by developing and streamlining processes to create value. The role holder would be required to deliver improvement in the manner the legal department delivers its services to its stakeholders with an emphasis on the use of technology
Strategic use of automation solutions to drive efficiency
Ability to extract legal data to enable the Legal Department make data driven decisions
Firm and vendor management
Develop analytics to measure effectiveness of law firms and other vendors engaged by the legal department
Improving or developing centralised repositories of knowledge for key precedents, templates, transaction bibles or standard documents.
Helping to define the Legal team’s goals and priorities to reflect the Interswitch Group’s vision and strategy. This would include assisting the legal leadership team in defining our strategy to deliver continuous improvement by identifying better ways of working, removing bottlenecks and waste, mitigating risks and using legal technology with a view to develop a high performing team.
Technology and Business Intelligence
To understand how such innovation can enhance our operations/have bigger impact /optimise productivity
Responsibility for Legal risk management
- The role combines technology management & deployment, data analytics, project management, risk management and learning & development. We are looking for an individual who understands legal systems & processes and can deliver continuous improvements to existing processes.
- Experience working in a legal environment may also be an advantage
- Sound business judgment & strong influencing skills
- Ability to initiate and drive results
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Desire for continuous improvement and developing knowledge in new areas
- Ability to prioritise and manage workflows
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Adaptable and flexible
- Willingness to drive and implement change
Minimum of 5 years experience implementing process improvement.