The Technical Support Engineer role comprises of providing L2 technical support to all transactional processing incidents, servers, storage, networks and services, in line with OCC objectives.
The Technical support Engineer must have a solid understanding of Interswitch service offerings, products and processes; must be an eager and fast learner and possess the ability to communicate clearly and precisely.
- Monitor the performance, health and capacity of :
- Network Links
- Use a variety of monitoring tools like Nagios, Solarwinds, Kibana, PagerDuty, etc.
- Work and be a first responder to troubleshoot transaction failures
- Closely follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for known incidents
- Coordinates with 3rd parties, customer contacts and or other technical teams to resolve the incidents
- Track and document all issues and resolutions in details according to the established process
- Follow up on the issues escalated to the 3rd parties until the issue is fixed.
- Escalate complex incidents that require longer troubleshooting to defined tertiary level Support Engineers for assistance in reaching a resolution and determining the root cause of the incidents
- Keep all relevant stakeholders aware of relevant, known issues and steps taken to reach a resolution.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Academic Qualification(s): A tertiary qualification (e.g. related to Information Technology) and/ or equivalent experience
Professional Qualification(s): ITIL V3 Foundations Certification (achieved) . Other qualifications not mandatory but recognised .
Experience (Number of relevant years): 12 -18 months experience in technical support within a financial technology environment or trouble-shooting role