Operate as the product expert combining market analysis, end-user feedback, and technology knowledge to establish a distinctive product vision, short medium and long-term roadmap, and an effective engineering partnership to deliver world-class products at premium pricing.
In charge of a product throughout its product lifecycle. That includes working out what customers want, helping the business to build the right product and then supporting the business to sell it. The Product Manager identifies user needs and work with cross-functional teams to manage product releases.
Responsible for setting, prioritizing, and evaluating the work generated by an agile team in order to ensure impeccable features and functionality of the product.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and approaches to define a compelling and feasible product vision for our platform strategy execution
- Translate platform vision into a product roadmap that balances customer needs with internal resources
- Conduct market research to determine market size, penetration, and opportunities
- Conceptualize, prioritize, and write succinct product requirements (typically as user stories and epics) to cross-functional working team
- Be a resident domain expert of product capabilities and functions / features
- Evangelize and train sales, marketing, support, operations and services delivery teams on the product capabilities
- Maintain and prioritize product backlog and track feature releases
- Communicate progress against roadmap and product performance across the cross-functional teams as well as throughout the organization
- Partner with Engineering and Business Development teams to build and launch world-class products
- Refine product vision based on feedback from end users, support teams, and other internal and external stakeholders
- Track product effectiveness and continually work towards a tangible and sustained value proposition
- Ensure market messaging is consistent with product functionality and highlights distinctive value proposition(s)
- Providing vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project.
- Translate business strategy into product strategy and execute product strategy
- Provide insight to stakeholders on product and the market
- Participate in daily scrum meetings, planning, reviews and retrospectives
- Assist the development team in API development according to end-user needs
- Figure out use cases of the Value Added Services APIs
- Manage feature iteration throughout the product lifecycle
- Manage clients’ API integrations and pipeline
- Recommend changes to existing products based on customer feedback or industry trends
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with members of other departments to generate new product ideas
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goal
- Carry out competitor and market analysis
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends.
- Provide technical pre-sales support to the sales team
- Monitor, track and report financial performance of products within your portfolio
Special Tasks (Tasks performed by virtue of job position e.g. committee work, meetings)
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) consultant for internal and external customers
- Represent Interswitch at presentations relating to products under purview.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Product management
- Project Management
- Agile methodology
- Data Analysis
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Leadership and Communication Skills
- Prioritization of Key Tasks
- Proactive and Innovative
- Pays Attention to Details
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A good degree in any computer science or any other relevant or related field of study from an accredited University.
Relevant Industry Certifications
Experience (Number of relevant years):
3+ years minimum experience in product management or related industry.